Rules & Procedures for Students
Congratulations! You have been admitted to Institute of Natural and Management Sciences INAM, affiliated with the University of Sargodha. To benefit more from your stay and studies, you need to know the rules and regulations of this institute. It will be very helpful to go through these guidelines and procedures and refer to them whenever the need arises.
Get yourself Registered
Once the candidate is informed for his/her selection for admission in INAM for the degree programme, he/she is advised to follow the registration process of the institute, which includes:
- Submission of outstanding documents (if any)
- NOC from the employer (serving candidates) and other necessary documents required by INAM administration. Registration fee shall be paid before the deadlines provided by the institute.
After the registration has been completed you will become a bonafide student of the Institute during the term for which you have been registered. No student can register in any other degree programme other than one enrolled in INAM at the same time.
Student Advisers will assist and help you solve your academic and other problems. The procedure shall be as follows:
- Whenever you have any difficulty, meet your adviser in her room in her free time. She will guide you verbally or ask you to write an application if necessary to solve the problem. She will guide you whom to address the application and add her comments/suggestions. You will submit the application in the Front office. The Front Office will process it and get necessary orders from the competent authority and inform you of the decision accordingly.
- You may enquire about the fate of your application from the front office only on the second day or if it is urgent, the same day after 03:30 pm. If needed the concerned authority may call you to discuss the issue in person.
General Rules & Regulations
Fees and Dues
You are required to deposit the fee as given in the prospectus.
- Students are advised to pay their monthly fee before 10th of each month otherwise fine of Rs. 200/- will be imposed for each day on delayed payment.
- The Institute reserves the right to withhold the privilege of registration or any other University privilege from any person with an unpaid debt to the institute.
- There will be no refund of fee in any case. If a candidate admitted already, intends to cancel his/her admission on his/her own request, the dues deposited by him/her will not be refunded at any stage and no claim in this regard will be entertained.
Refund of Security Deposit
You can claim a refund of your ‘Refundable Security Deposit’ only after you have completed degree and received a transcript of results or when you quit the institute during studies. Security deposit is not refundable if you have received any ‘Fee Concession’ or financial assistance from INAM during the course of your studies.
You may discontinue, if you so desire, in accordance with the Sargodha University regulation. However, the ‘Admission Fee’ will not be returned.
The fee structure differs from program to program. Please see the recent prospectus or consult the INAM Administration for details.
In order to encourage the students, INAM offers scholarships to deserving students.
Students who secure first position in the semester examination and fulfill the following criteria will be eligible for the award of this Merit Scholarships.
- Secured highest marks in the semester with atleast 3 GPA shall be eligible for scholarship
- Shall have at least 75% attendance in each course during semester.
- Scored at least 65% marks in each course of study.
Full tuition fee will be waived off the following semester.
Number of Scholarship
One for each degree program
Financial assistance is provided to deserving students on merit who are unable to meet expenses of program of study. The continuity of such assistance entirely depends upon the progress of student.
- Maintain 75% attendance in each course.
- Maintain at least 2.6 GPA in the semester.
Students who fulfill these criteria shall apply on prescribed form to INAM administration requesting for the financial assistance. The decision of director INAM shall be final for the award.
- 25% waiver in tuition fee
Number of Scholarship
- 2 for each degree program
The students should follow the rules and regulations includings discipline and examination as prescribed from time to time. These rules should become the part of undertaking on stamp paper.
Punishment for violation of Discipline
The following offences may result in the outright cancellation of admission:
- Using unfair means/ cheating in the examination held at the INAM or helping other students during the exam.
- Insolent behavior towards any member of the staff or obnoxious remarks about any teacher or student.
- Involvement in anti-social or anti-state activities.
- Affiliation with any extremist group or terrorist organization or propagation of sectarianism, parochialism and feelings of hatred.
Academic Policies and Procedures
Every year students choose their representatives in their classes based on their inter - personal skills and academic performance. The main responsibilities of a CR are as follows:
- To help maintain discipline and a liaison between the teachers and the taught.
- To promote high standard of cleanliness in the class.
- To ensure the availability of a clean board, a duster and markers in the class.
- To see that the lights and fans are switched off at the end of class.
- CR ensures the maintenance of discipline and close coordination between students and the Administration.
Examinations & Performance Evaluation
During a semester two exams are conducted, a Mid-term exam and a Final term exam. The date sheet for both is displayed on notice board atleast three weeks prior to exams.
Library and Science Labs
Every student of INAM, with a valid library card, is entitled to borrow books from the library. Library card should be kept in safe custody. In case of loss, a duplicate will be issued on the payment of Rs. 50 and only after returning all books issued on the previous/lost card.
- Students are required to deposit their personal belongings e.g. bags, books, files & folders at the table/rack near the entrance. Eating, sleeping and playing inside the library are strictly prohibited.
- Students should maintain absolute silence inside the library. They are not allowed to bring in guests. Group discussions are not allowed inside the library. The Librarian may ask a student to leave if she creates noise or breaks any of these rules.
- Students are advised not to write on, tear off or deface library books or furniture by anything such as ballpoint, marker, pen, pencil etc. The library staff can inspect any book in possession of a student inside the library.
All regular students are entitled to use computer labs facilities. The following rules will be strictly observed:
- Students must use computers carefully. A computer should not be locked when not being used by a particular user. A student must log off when leaving a PC.
- Eatables and musical devices are strictly prohibited inside the labs.
- A student must not use someone else’s account and printing quota.
- Playing games, chatting and SMS are strictly prohibited.
- Any student found visiting the prohibited sites will be fined heavily.
- Students are not authorized to install any software on lab PC’s. If need be, they must request INAM Administration to install a software.
Internet connection is available to computers in computer lab. The systems in the labs are provided on first come first served basis. If there are students in the queue, waiting, the lab assistant can limit the usage time, say, half an hour or so at one time.
- come prepared to the laboratory to perform experiments.
- wear lab coats during lab work.
- not work in the laboratory without instructor’s presence.
- perform only those experiments which are authorized by the instructor.
- read Labels and equipment instructions carefully before use.
- handle with care the glassware, chemicals and instruments.
- not bring food inside the labs.
- keep work counter neat and clean.
- report any damage or breakage to lab assistant immediately.
- be economical in the use of chemicals, gas and water.
- not taste any chemical or solution. It might be poisonous.
- wash with large quantities of water but do not rub In case of any spills or spatter of chemicals on clothing, skin or eyes; report to the teacher immediately.
- handle all living organisms used in the laboratory in a humane manner.
- use disposable gloves and forceps during dissection to prevent physical contact.